Old 05-18-2004, 07:57 PM
Danwell
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by perple76
I initially got this information from DFWSBR, so a shout out to him for helping me out, first. He gave me the info, and I'm verifying its accuracy. You can get the adapter plug to plug your aftermarket radio into the stock harness at Bestbuy stores, or probably any stereo shop that carries Scosche products. The part number is VW01B - it is a VW plug but the shape and pin number are correct. It makes for an easy swap and you don't have to cut into your factory harness. I did rearrange some pins for my own purposes, just because I like uniformity in my wiring jobs, but that wouldn't necessarily be required.
Yep, I knew that part, my installer just thought his simular connector would work and even though he finally used butt connectors everything works fine and im happy with the neatness and everything can be reversed if I ever wanted to put the stock radio back in.

The antenna adapter is 40-EU10. Sorry, I don't remember the manufacturer but again Bestbuy carries it in their installation bay. It is referred to as a European 00+ factory antenna to radio adapter. Again, it plugs right in and works just fine. The antenna adapter was $11.00, the Scosche plug was $17.00.
The manufacturer is Metra Im thinking. Yes, I had the VW antenna adapter which didn't work, so Ill probably get the 40-EU10 even though I hardly ever listen to radio.

Unfortunately I've already had to send the unit away for service
That is a bummer, hope they get it back to you soon so you can enjoy your Crossfire to the fullest