Thread: Good/Bad Price?
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 12:44 PM
bflinn
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Good/Bad Price?

I put some pics and thoughts at https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ad.php?t=19542.

I haven't got a lot of time on them but they seem very good. They are quieter and "better" riding than the stock PS2s but they clearly don't provide as much road feedback nor will they handle as well when pushed really hard...but that is expected as one is a max performance summer tire and the other is an all season tire. The tread pattern is very good looking too. The Goodyears also have a pretty good "rim protector" bevel too - good characteristic.

I considered the Pilot A/S as well, but just couldn't justify the pretty sizeable price increase (did consider the Yokohoma Advans - but again more money and didn't see the reason to spend it). The local Goodyear dealer was outrageous in their price compared to Tire Rack - I had them installed locally for $20/tire.
There is also a recent Tire Rack test of "ultimate performance all season tires" and the F1s were either first or a real close second to a tire that did not come in our size. All around - I would recommend them at this early stage...hope this helps.