View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 08:49 PM
morlie822
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Cigarette Lighter Removal - How?

O.K. I think I've got this figured out myself.

I bought a "Add-A-Circuit" blade fuse that has a pigtail for a seperate wire. I installed the add-a-circuit piggy-backed on the 10A washer fluid heater fuse and ran the wire through the hollow hood foam seal to where it comes out right by the battery.

Tomorrow I'll remove the battery and run the wire through the rubber grommet behind it in the firewall and enter the cabin. From there I'll connect the wire to the 12V plug on the hot side (+) and ground the second wire (-) of the plug someplace under the dash. I should be able to run the XM power cord up along the glove box to the right center vent and mount the XM receiver. There's lots of room under the dash to hide the extra wiring.

This should solve the power supply issue.

Next I'll tackle running the antenna wiring. I'm planning to run the Sure-Connect wire under the door sills, up the side wall, along the upper hatch seal and use the metal connector to attach to the antenna imbedded in the hatch glass. I may then run the magnet antenna wire through the firewall grommet, back up to the plastic wiper cowling and attach it there with double faced tape.

Any comments? Is my methodology defective someplace?