Old 11-29-2007, 12:05 AM
simon-srt6
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: SL55 Y Pipe and Air intake pies fitted (pics)

Originally Posted by jonnyangel04
Everything I have read people have lost performance with this mod UNLESS your cars ECU is tuned or remapped for the extra air which in turn leads to you needing more fuel. It is a significant loss I am talking If I remember correctly 12 HP, I did a search and here is the thread with the dyno. Some members have run this on there car at the track and say they see a gain. I don't know how you see a gain when it will retard the timing.
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ad.php?t=19508 Simon and Steve are you sure your feeling gains ??
2 reviews are on here with this mod (or similar). one with the SL55 pipes and Y Pipe the other with the SL55 Y pipe but std intake pipes (which are very restrictive). The latter one was not tersted at WOT and didnt go above 5500rpm and showed a loss. The other was tested using a G -Tech and tested with and without the whole mod and showed good gains. Also the Needswings CAI probably flows even more air than this mod and the ECU copes just fine with that.

What I can tell you is thay between 5,000 & 6,000 rpm there is a definate improvement over stock that you can feel. It also makes the gearchanges stronger. BrianBrave has even included the airboxes and air feed tubes (from the SL55) so would flow even more air and I can assure you he would not say it went better if it didn't... no offence BrianBrave but I know you take some convincing to be impressed.

Last edited by simon-srt6; 11-29-2007 at 12:12 AM.