View Single Post
Old 12-09-2007, 02:30 PM
LantanaTX
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Wheel sizes - too big?

Originally Posted by Mike-in-Orange
My info is based on an article from SAE International's Automotive Engineering Online website, specifically the article found at: http://www.sae.org/automag/globalveh.../1-111-7-8.pdf (scroll down to page 14).
Sorry, but that article is complete crap and proves you can't believe everything you read. I have seen the same information printed almost word for word in other articles that came out in 2003. Most of the articles written around that time try to down play the SLK320 connection. Mercedes has never tried to correct any of the misinformation that is out there. I suspect they originated most of this BS so that their MB buyers wouldn't think the same basic cars can be pruchased with a Chrysler badge on them for half the cost.

for example, CLK front suspension is complete Bull. Our cars don't even have the same type of front suspension as a CLK/C class (unequal A arms/coils vs. McPherson strut). 39% Mercedes? What is the other 61%? Our cars are just re-skinned SLK320's A Crossfire is to the SLK320 what a Taurus is to a Sable. IMO, this is is the major reason the Crossfire is currently the best bargain on the market.