View Single Post
Old 12-16-2007, 08:08 PM
+fireamx
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Help! 17" Winter Wheel Questions

Originally Posted by calgary_bulldog
Proud new owner of a 2004 Crossfire. I need to put winter rims and tires on it ASAP as I plan on using it as a dailey driver and have lots of snow and ice to deal with. I have checked previous posts but can't find the exact answer I am looking for. From what I understand our wheels (front) are 18x7.5 with 5x112mm bolt pattern and a 35mm offset. Is this correct? My question is can I use 17" rims and tires? If so do I get a 17x7.5 rim with 5x112 and 35mm offset and what tire? Is a 225/45/17 recommended or a 235/45/17 recommended. Or what would you recommend from experience. Will there be any tire rubbing or interference with brakes. Will any 17x7.5 rim work or do I need a special one to clear brakes. I am looking for an easy install without using spacers. I am also assuming I can go without the TPMS and I will gladly put up with the light on. I do not care if it affects my spedometer as I have a GPS HUD spedometer on my windshield. Am not going 18's all around as I don't care that much about the looks and they are a fortune here for 18" rims and tires compard to the 17's. Anyone outthere with exprience with the 17's is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Just look for a set of wheels off an SLK and you should be fine. Some extra weight under the hatch would help too.