Old 12-19-2007, 10:05 PM
tealcamaro55
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying a Crossfire - common technical issues/problems?

I currently drive a 98 Chevy Camaro. I love the car and enjoy taking it to the drag strip (has a healthy shot of nitrous on it) as well as competing at my local autocross events. However, I'm looking for something new and love the look and feel of the Crossfire and the fact that it doesn't squeak over every bump and the interior isn't molded from a single piece of plastic as well as the fact that its got a bit more... class. I've been looking at the Audi TT, SLK, C4 corvette, and the Crossfire but really feel like I might give this car a shot. I'm thinking of going with a 2004/05 Coupe.

I have been looking into the known technical problems with this car and haven't found much mention other than expensive oil changes and tune ups as well as something about expensive tranny tuneups every 15k . So feel free to throw it all at me - from regular maintenance oil/brakes/tires etc to the more serious technical issues such as engine/tranny drivetrain, electrical issues and anything else I might encounter.

Any help would be much appreciated!