View Single Post
Old 01-03-2008, 10:01 PM
LantanaTX
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Rim Offset Question

Originally Posted by Sidez
are u sure i thought that the stock offset was 35 both front and rear.. I don't really understand how that offset stuff works... what I want to know is that should I contact the manufacturer or should I do something else...?
Not a big problem but trying to find aftermarket wheels with the same offset as stock which is 35mm front and 22mm rear will drive you insane. The closest I came was OEM type MB wheels with 32mm offset front and rear. I used a 12mm spacer in the rear and everything turned out perfect.

I think you will want 15mm spacers in the rear at the very least, which will position the wheel in the stock location. Your new front will be pushed outward about 6mm from stock. I don't know if it will work but a 20mm spacer in the rear would get the wheels all looking right. One issue you may want to check is see if your front wheel will mount with the center cap installed. Some aftermarket wheels have trouble clearing front bearing cap on the hub. To get around this some guys have installed spacers on the front. but at 29mm offsett you are already pushing the wheels out 6mm. Spacer aren't a problem as long as you get hub centric spacers and the right length wheel studs. Hope this helps

Last edited by LantanaTX; 01-03-2008 at 10:11 PM.