View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 01:45 PM
Mike n Helen
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension Advice

I've just spent a week of our Christmas holidays in the Lake District (a very hilly part of the UK with some great roads), but the pleasure of driving on such great roads was let down badly by the Crossfires terrible handling.

My previous car was a Lotus Elise so I guess it's a little unfair to compare one with another, but I must get something done with the suspension, the car just rocks around like a boat.

I've looked at some upgrade kits which come with lowering springs and upgraded shocks. The concern I have is that because the set up is VERY bad to start with, would an upgrade kit only get it to bad .

If the crossfire is based on the SLK platform (R170 chassis) could I fit Merc upgraded springs and shocks to the crossfire??

So I guess two questions:
1) Has anybody upgraded their suspension with one of the aftermarket kits such as Bilstein or Koni, and if so what kit and what sort of improvement did you get??
2) Are the SLK suspension components a direct fit on to the crossfire, I know in therory they should be, but has anybody done this and can confirm they are identical.

Thanks,

Mike