View Single Post
Old 09-14-2003, 01:18 PM
mouserider
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, Rwright2, there is some history between Texex and Kusheen and if you read the older posts like "Kits for the Xfire?" https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...opic.php?t=185.

Kusheen presents himself as a collector with a '69 Lotus Europa S2 and an '84 Turbo Esprit but he did start his entry into this forum sounding like he made a mistake buying the Crossfire, almost because he just didn't do enough research on the car before buying it.

In a fashion, this is a Crossfire forum meant to get Crossfire owners together, do some problem solving, give some insight to new buyers considering the car but when someone comes in seemingly to knock the car and then also seem to swing back and forth from liking the car to finding a full set of reasons why not to buy the car but then he wants to do this so that Chryslers can sell more cars, it does get a little confusing.

Kusheen is hard to peg and hard to see where he is coming from. He obviously doesn't seem to be a collector, he buys nice cars but he buys them to drive them, which is fine, but not so other people can stare at them, which is also fine.

Problems start occuring when he seems to knock on all other types of people here but not by saying he disagrees with their behavior, mind you, just that he is perplexed. People who are collectors who like to modify their cars, people who like to attract turning heads and people who baby their toy car seem to be all clearly receiving his "curiosity" and his blend of mild critism.

I've just been reading and letting things slide because, in all fairness, I've seen worse from others and Kusheen does make some good points and does have an open mind.

This is a forum, and I'm a strong proponent of the freedom of expression, but this is also a forum of fans of a particular car and some members just feel it is not the place for a critic that keeps at it and trying to bring doses of good and bad-research reality into a fan site.

Off the soap box.