View Single Post
Old 01-13-2008, 07:58 PM
Valk
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 503 Likes on 346 Posts
Default Re: Newbie questions for a 2004 Xfire...

Originally Posted by dothedew23
Im looking in to buying a 2004 automatic crossfire coupe.It has 14,000 miles on it and the sticker price is right at $17,000.I got some audio questions first off....for the 2004 coupe,do stock subwoofers and an amplifier come in the car? I keep reading about this, but when I went to test drive this crossfire I didn't pay attention to whether or not they were in the car or not.Also, it says on the specs that the car comes with a 6 speaker sound system, does this include the 2 tweeters in the door, or is there 6 speakers in the car AND the 2 tweeters?? Next, does anyone know for these cars since they have the premium sound system, can you replace just 1 speaker if there is a problem or do you have to replace all of the speakers if one blows out for example? ok....enuf audio questions,now for service questions.How reliable is this car? What type of problems are commonly seen with this car,and more importantly,how EXPENSIVE is it to repair this car and keep it maintained? I read somewhere that the crossfire has to have Premium gasoline,is this really true? It cant use regular?? Final question,did it take a while to adjust to the small rear view window on the XFire?? There didn't seem to be much visibility out of the rear window,but it seems like a small price to pay for how hot this car looks.Thanks to anybody who can help answer any of these questions.It would really help in my purchasing process....
I have a 2004 and they all have 6 speaker systems.2 sub bass woofers behind the seats 2 mid range and 2 tweeters in the doors. I imagine you can change any pair of speakers if you desire but the stock system sounds very good IMO. Yes you should use only 91 octane fuel or higher is these cars. I use only 93 octane in mine. lower octane may due damage to the engine over a period of time. The rear window does restrict you view somewhat but it still is not a issue IMO.
As far as service oil changes are more costly. You are required to use 8 quarts of fully synthetic oil at around $6 a quart and a oil filter will cost between $12 to $22 depending on where you purchase one. The cars are reliable IMO as I have driven 10,000 trouble free miles in 8 months and my car now has 27000 and the original owner spoke with me and never had any issues either. There is info about virtually anything you want to know available on this forum and you can use the "SEARCH" box to find what you are looking for. Good Luck , You will love this car !!!

Last edited by Valk; 01-13-2008 at 08:00 PM.