View Single Post
Old 01-18-2008, 07:59 AM
soloIIracer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: SCCA Solo 2 BSP build discussion

Originally Posted by Cincinnati Slim
My suggestion is, since this is a track car and you are going to gut the thing anyway, find a SRT6 Crossfire with a ratty interior and swap in a manual box from a wreck or E-bay donor car. The SRT6 already has a LSD, lower stiffer springs and shocks and bigger brakes so you'll save yourself a lot of time and effort. Always cheaper and easier to just buy something close to you needs to start with. Save your base coupe for street duty or sell it to another forum member who wants to try the Auto-X game !

Cheers and Good Luck on the Track !

Slim
It isn't a track car though. Swapping a 6 speed into a SRT6 would be much more of a PITA than putting an SRT6 engine into a base coupe. I don't want to gut the car like HDDP did because that renders the car absolutely useless anywhere but on track.

Since when does the SRT-6 have an LSD? I had posted a question about that a few months back and everyone said it didn't have one. If it does indeed have an LSD it might make a good AS car like I had thought but if it doesn't it is just cannon fodder. I honestly can't imagine my car having another 100 horsepower with the open diff the base coupe has. It wouldn't be pretty.