View Single Post
Old 01-18-2008, 03:57 PM
blacklimitedcoupe
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What happened with the oil filters??

I've been changing the oil in my car since I bought it. The oil filter started out being the one with the string wrapped around it. The part number ended in 26 and then they switched to part number 31 that had the 2 big white bands wrapped around it (supposed to be redesigned and better). The filters were always $19.50 plus tax from Chrysler. I went to the dealer yesterday to pick one up and the clueless parts guy (nearly everyone at the dealership I go to is)... handed me the filter and it was the old style with the string and the price was now $31.00 plus tax. I questioned him and he said he knew nothing about it and that was the newest filter. So I left kinda angry and went to the Mercedes dealership where at least they treat the customers professionally. They too only had the filter with the string on it and the price was $24. So it seems that I will be buying from them now. Anyone know the deal behind this? I must say though, based on my local dealership, it is no question why the income statement of Chrysler is looking subpar.