View Single Post
Old 01-18-2008, 04:21 PM
dyezak
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: SCCA Solo 2 BSP build discussion

Originally Posted by HDDP
Good thread...

The SRT engine is only 44lbs heavier...

I'm not sure it would be wise to just add the SC & IC to the NA engine... There are some significant internal differences to the engines that would probably destroy your NA engine in a very short time with the added HP...

I don't have time right now to go thru the list of things completely, but short story is the cams, and added internal oiling ports... The physical aspects where the the pieces connect are identical... The intake plenum on the NA engine can be removed and replaced with the SC and IC and it mates perfectly...

The clutch you should use is from SPEC... And they are going to build a lightweight flywheel off my old FW as soon as I send it to them for mock-up... They have offered to produce one for sale, but did not have access to an original to use as a template...

As far as the LSD, yes... Kleeman used to offer a LSD but not sure if it's still available...
LSD is available from Phantom Grip btw for $500. It's not a true LSD but functionallity is the same and I have had good results with Phantom Grips in other cars.

If LantanaTX can get his Mercedes tech to be able to unlock ECU's and work in other cars then an SRT engine swap would be best. If not we are back (again) to the electronics limiting the car and being up against a wall.

I'm going to do BSP this year I believe, but I won't be competitive until the ECM/SRT swap becomes available.