View Single Post
Old 02-04-2008, 03:20 PM
Cross+Fire+06
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In the trunk Fix a Flat...WARNING

Hey.. So i have a little story to share here. I have to say i am disapointed with the results of the fix a flat in an emergency I was driving along RT 16 in Medway Ma.. when the car in front of me last minute swirved around something which i was too late to do the same. I hit a small mudflap with three bolts in the road which punctured my front passanger tire. ( a winter tire) .. it gave me an immediate flat tire..

So i was really upset.. ! Stuck in the road.. no one to help it sucked. Anyway.. a nice guy came by and helped me remove the mud flap using a pry bar.. and i remembered the fix a flat tire repair that came with the car.. so i got out the manual... and the compressor.. and the blasted jug of fix a flat... and proceded to fill my tire... It worked.. filled my tire with enough air to get to the closest dealer about four miles away..

The dealer then threw three plugs into it being it was the end of the day.. they told me to go to the place where i bought the tires to have them clean out the fix a flat.. and have the tire repaired from the inside.. Made sense to me..

So i went to Town Faire Tire where i bought the rims and snow tires.. adn they said that the amount of holes ( 3)and their location ( inside.. and one about 1 inch from wall) and the fix a flat has compromised the integrity of the tire and they will not replace the tire back onto the car after it is removed and cleaned. It was junk!

I had never heard of that.. i could have just towed the car the four miles and pluged it and at least had one full season out of the tire.. but since i used the fix a flat it, melted the inside of the tire, and threw off the balance i need to have the entire tire junked.. i will NEVER USE THAT STUFF AGAIN! >..

They told me the fix a flat melts the rubber causing it to seal the holes... RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR WHy would anyone use that ! Never again... I ruined a 300 dollar tire.. It could have been saved for at least the season... has any one else had this issue?

I am thankful it got me off the road.. buy a tow truck could have saved the tire... Fix a flat shouldnt be an option... it ruined my tire..