View Single Post
Old 02-05-2008, 04:32 PM
XFYRED
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: SRT8/10 conversion...

Originally Posted by apkano
By the time you figure in the cost of hacking in the engine, somehow getting the trans to mount, cutting down a driveshaft, and getting it all to work reliably.....you're going to be in a financial hole. All this for a car that will handle worse due to all the extra weight up front.

If I was to ever attempt a swap in this car I'd try what another member once suggested, I think it was Intenseblu, Drop in a highly modified SRT-4 engine. 400 to 500 horse with a lot less weight than a v-8. Then I can have power AND handling!
Thanks for the in put guys - I can assure you that I am aware of the potential handling changes etc....but that nothing that cant be addressed imo.

Fitting the engine, mounting the trans, shortening the driveshaft etc are the EASY bits of this conversion as it would be ME that is doing it, not some "pro" shop. geez, doesnt anyone do their OWN stuff anymore??. So the $$$ wont affect me there at all.. Its the electronics that Im not conversant with and was interested in thoughts here....

V10 would be a hard squeeze but the SRT8 engine shouldnt be too difficult. And if I was to go this way Id probably run an aftermarket 6 speed (not sure if the MB 6 speed would fit/live) rather than the MB Auto if this was to happen.

Im really not interested in an turbo 4 cyl....1. theyre too peaky, 2. to get the power you are on the EDGE tuning wise 3. NO TORQUE 4. Have to wind the boost down on the street to live on pump gas 5. I hate 4 cyl engines anyway lol.

BTT and thanx....