Old 02-09-2008, 12:05 AM
cruzinquick
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: What do I need to take a run at the drag strip?

Tire pressure will depend on the temp of that day. The colder your tires will drop quite a bit. Tire gauge is a must. I can tell you from exp. that lowering the tire pressure on our 19's didn't work and made my times slower. When I was using the stock conti's 32psi is what worked best. Find a helmet that meets your tracks DOT requirement. A motorcycle helmet should work. The helmet has to have a Snell Rating. You will notice certain helmets have this sticker in them, and usually a year is printed on it with a serial number. They will look for this sticker at the tech station where the inspect your car.

Electonics mean delay boxes or other cheating devices. In short bracket racers use them to slow their car down to beat you. I know, doesn't make sense. hit www.nhra.com and search delay box it should give you a better answer. There are alot of other cheating type of devices that make your car run exact dials like 11.99 seconds everytime. If your good with your reaction times. It's reverse math.

Back to the track. I try to have my gas tank at the exact spot I run everytime I go out. The weight of the gas will help with the launch. You need to find the balance that works for you. Like 1/2 tank, 1/4 tank or more. I like 1/2 tank to keep me consistent on the launches. Remember it's not a light the tires contest. It's a smooth launch and get on it contest. You will have great 60' times. If you have and needswings intake, you will no problem hitting 12's even with a higher elevation.
Have fun and be safe.
Cruzinquick