View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 09:13 AM
Stogey
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: In the trunk Fix a Flat...WARNING

Originally Posted by Cross+Fire+06
Hey.. So i have a little story to share here. I have to say i am disapointed with the results of the fix a flat in an emergency I was driving along RT 16 in Medway Ma.. when the car in front of me last minute swirved around something which i was too late to do the same. I hit a small mudflap with three bolts in the road which punctured my front passanger tire. ( a winter tire) .. it gave me an immediate flat tire..

So i was really upset.. ! Stuck in the road.. no one to help it sucked. Anyway.. a nice guy came by and helped me remove the mud flap using a pry bar.. and i remembered the fix a flat tire repair that came with the car.. so i got out the manual... and the compressor.. and the blasted jug of fix a flat... and proceded to fill my tire... It worked.. filled my tire with enough air to get to the closest dealer about four miles away..

The dealer then threw three plugs into it being it was the end of the day.. they told me to go to the place where i bought the tires to have them clean out the fix a flat.. and have the tire repaired from the inside.. Made sense to me..
All the more reason to buy hazard insurance I say ! It is a 300 by-god dollar tire after all !

Just my Dos Centavos !