Thread: Tire Slime
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2008, 05:46 PM
marauderroy
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Tire Slime

Originally Posted by unc4life
The Tire Slime stuff is meant to be used in an extreme emergency. More than one tire dealer has told me that it will eat your tires from the inside if left there too long.

The idea is to use the slime to get you to a garage and then let the guys there clean out the inside of the tire and repair it the proper way.

I would say just join AAA and have a cell phone with you. Tow trucks are wonderful things.

Given how expensive these tires are for the crossfire I wouldn't risk having any tire slime damage them.

They won't take your man card away from you for doing that.

Another thing is to have a portable air compressor in your trunk. Kind of hard to see to fix a tire in the middle of the night by the side of the road.

If it is a slow leak you can always pump the tire up and get it to a garage. Or at least get you to a well lit parking lot so that you can see better when you attempt to do the tire repair.

I have portable air compressor for both of my vehicle and it has saved my life before in such situations.
The AAA card is a good idea, I already have one. It's my "spare tire". I just need to fix a slow leak. I'm gonna take it to a tire shop that will patch it. As for the compresser, You already have one in the cargo hatch. It's part of the tire fit kit. Now as for my "man card" I don't think anyone here is big enough to take it away.