View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 03:23 PM
bflinn
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Rotex Gold vs Posi-Quiet Cermanic Pads

BLUF (bottom line up front) - I don't know. Here is what I do know.
I first owned an 04 coupe and replaced the stock pads with Akebono ceramics from Tire Rack. One word - AWESOME. They felt better and produced virtually no brake dust.

8 months ago or so, bought a new/old 05 SRT. Replaced the stock pads with EBC Red. The EBC web-site says “This material is a Kevlar® fibre based brake compound enhanced with ceramic particles. If you have previously tried EBC redstuff (pre-ceramic compound) this material is light years ahead. It lasts longer, it brakes better and is quieter. Being a hard wearing pad, bed-in times can be as long as 1000 miles and drivers must be patient until the pad takes up the shape of their disc (brake rotor).” The stopping power and feel of the EBC Reds was similar to the OEM pads and dust was less, but nowhere near as “clean” as the Akebonos.

I just purchased Rotex for all around and will try them next. I was looking at Italia Ceramic and Italia Titanium and went with Rotex simply because a lot of member endorse them and cost (they are a lot less than either Italias).

Performance wise, I think it is hard to beat ceramic - and Rotex (from what I can tell) are not. I think it comes down to cost vs. performance and on SRT-6s the cost is significant if going to ceramic vs Rotex. After reviewing this post - I realize it doesn’t answer your question but may add something for thought.....