Thread: At the track...
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2008, 07:51 AM
distantpulse
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: At the track...

Originally Posted by 240M3SRT
Same here, i can here my rear tires twisting forward as i powerbrake, i havent tried to hold it past 2000-2200 rpm.

Question for everyone....has anyone with stock suspension and stock tires running NO LESS than 26 psi noticed that after the track only the outer 3 inches of the tires are worn. Its as if the car has excessive positive camber. Im thinking about lowering the pressure to around 20-22psi next time....i know this sounds crazy but the tread wear doesnt lie.

I just noticed this the other day and im wondering if this is why my 60 fts suck.
I can almost bet that the reason you are seeing this is because of LACK of tire pressure. Don't go lower in psi, go higher. Think about it......If you deflate a tire what happens to it? The middle bulge of the tire starts going flat first. If you add air, I bet it would actually help your situation. At least i know this holds true for drag slicks. Too little air pressure in a drag slick and you see wear on the inner and outer part of the tire, not the middle......