View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 02:19 PM
dakota-boy1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Chrome Valve Stem Caps, After Nirtogen

Originally Posted by Crossfire1957
I work for a Chrysler Dealership, just came back from service, and was talking to a crossfire owner who also had his nitro in for service. He had Nitrogen put in his tires, and we replaced his caps with a Metal Chrome cap with a green top to denote that the tire was filled with nitrogen. He went to check his pressure and the Chrome Cap would not come off. So he proceeded to get a wrench and started to turn Cap to get off and snapped the whole stem off. Well Tire went flat and had to be towed. We found two other caps on his car that had corroded (SP). After talking to service they have had others come in with the same problem. Thought I would put this out to everybody, if you have the Chrome Metal Caps Get rid of them and go to a Aluminium cap with a rubber coating on the inside, or plastic, or the orginal caps that came with the car. We did replace his Valve stem, due to the fact we installed the Chrome Caps. Needless to say the least we do not have a Chrome cap anywhere to be found. Hope this helps someone before you snap off a Valve Stem.
Thanks for the Info!!! Was thiinking about putting Nitrogen in my tires.
thanks