View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 01:48 PM
chuck65
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Anti Squeal Lube Question

I had my Rotex Gold pads put on today. I was going to put them on myself, but decided it was not a good idea to not turn the rotors. The grooving wasn't the issue but the glazing and coating that the original pads left were. The mechanic only took off .005" because there was only 6000 miles on them.

I used a product from Permatex called Quiet Brake Pad that I sprayed onto the entire back of the pad the night before installation. When it dries, it forms a rubber like coating.

danimal suggested "bedding", attn: FP, the pads which I did. 2 firm stops from 35, two from 50, and 2 from 60. Look up "bedding" to see why this is recommended.

So far no squeak or noise of any kind. Of course the dust issue still needs some time to tell. As far as I can see by reading the threads on the dusting and squeal problem, most that complain didn't turn the rotors or use a anti squeal product. I can't stress enough the need to do both.

There's a thread on the SRT6 site about Rotex and some are dissapointed with the results. Some complained of dusting under hard use. I found an interesting review on Rotex. http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/rot...e-pads-review/

After about a month I will let you know if I'm having any problems with the installation.

Thanks to all for your help and input.

Last edited by chuck65; 08-20-2008 at 03:53 AM.