Thread: HEAD UNIT
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2003, 08:05 PM
imported_mightyjlr

Originally Posted by mouserider
UConnect might be an available "non-factory" option. It's an option as well but factory option for the Pacifica, mine doesn't have it because I don't have a Bluetooth phone.

Neat concept though but Bluetooth phones are still limited in the US with typically 1 or 2 models available from each provider.

The first released pictures of the Crossfire actually had the SLK head unit on it with the numeric keypad on the right side and the joystick on the left. Pity they switched it to the Modulus.

Do you have a nav unit in mind Mightyjlr? The Alpine with the fold out screen?
Yes, I was looking at the Alpine with the fold out screen. Model number IVA-D900. That seems to be the best screen available, very nice resolution. The Alpine navigation also seems to be good, although I'm not sure if it has the birds-eye feature that some other navigation units have. Not the most important feature, but still very neat. Nissan and Infiniti cars have this in their navigation systems, and it is pretty impressive. Instead of a flat map, it shows the map from an angle, so you see the details of the terrain, and some buildings.