View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008, 05:56 PM
stlouistrucker
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: WOW ... stop the rust while you can ...

Originally Posted by apleschu
I had a similar problem with a BMW last year, when the area rep was a complete and utter moron, and the first level Customer service rep decided to decline my request. Here is what worked for me:

I went out of my way to find out who the NA VP of customer service was and his email address. Then I crafted a very careful, VERY polite letter to the VP of customer relations explaining that I had many BMW's in the past and that I am not angry at BMW per se just disappointed with this particular one. I also explained very calmly why I believed the area reps' decision was wrong and why BMW should step up to the plate.

Again, this letter has to very calm, factual and to the point. AND it has to be addressed directly to the heap of customer relations.

In my case it worked. Not 4 hours after he received my letter I got a call back from the very same first level customer relations guy (basically a telephone drone) explaining that BMW is rethinking their view and that they will get in touch with me the next day. And they did! The next day someone higher up the food chain started communicating with me and we finally came to the same conclusion.

The same tactics could be applied here.
What was the conclusion and how will BMW fix the design flaw?