View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 03:10 PM
SRT6 Dan
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Prospective owner has questions

Originally Posted by jodonnell
I'm looking at buying a coupe in the $20k range, and the Crossfire's styling and RWD definetely grabbed my attention. I'm really considering it, but I do have some questions about the Crossfire. I hear people here talking about buying new Crossfire for low-mid 20s, but all the Crossfires I've found near me (Dallas or Seattle, which is where I will be moving soon) are priced at mid-high 30s. Can you seriously go to a dealer and offer nearly 60% of the sticker for a new car? I mean, I know they don't sell very quickly, but that seems pretty audacious! Naturally, I'm considering going used, but I'm concerned about the warranty (which is going to be expired on the 04s-05s and getting close on the 06+.) Can you get a good extended warranty on the Crossfire still? Are there some common issues that will come up that are not covered by warranty? What are you guys spending per year on maintenance/repair on the Crossfire? Since it's all M-B internals, I'm worried that all the money I might save on a used Crossfire is going to get eaten up on repairs. Thanks for your help, this is a gorgeous car, I'm just worried about the ownership costs
There's a nice graphite coupe here 9,000 miles $24K one owner, by owner.