View Single Post
Old 05-01-2008, 11:59 AM
jonnyangel04
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: custom pillar pod...

Cool we are getting the list going, depending on what everyone wants to deposit I could start or we could wait for a few more It doesn't matter to me. I really am liking the idea of an over lay I was taking some measurements today and that would be the best route.240MXSRT great idea with double sided tape I think that would work perfect.

Here is what it has come down to I am open to anything. It is going to be a piece that fits over the original will look completely stock you wont be able to tell the difference. Here is the problem with this option though. In order to do this It will have to be very thin to look really good, thats fine fiberglass is crazy strong the problem with it being so thin is you will not be able to tuck the wires behind it, in other words you would need to run the wires up the inside of the car behind the original pillar, cut through the pillar and then connect the gauges then attach the pod.

For those who want to keep the car in OE condition, this may pose a problem. I myself am not planning on selling this car ever so I don't care, others would probably leave the gauges in if they were anyway, but I am just laying it all out there so we as a group can come up with ideas and make the best possible product. Is everyone cool with that?? I Called Chrysler they are about $50 dollars to replace not bad but still.

About the deposit amount, I am going to get a list together of what I need and what I have. I will get it all figured out thinking out loud again, I want this to look really good like really really good, Depending on how well of a cast I can get from the original, We may have to buy another pillar i can hack into and then mold the gauges off of that to create the mold for the actual over lay. If you lost me on that one lol don't worry about it. Anyway that might be $50 and added to the supplies price list, might be my only route If I ruin mine I'm out one when I want to install my pillar pod. I will see what the total is and we can go from there. I was thinking like $30 - $40 maybe more, I don't know what do you guys think?

ohh I wanted to add, this project feels like it is not going to be tough at all with the ideas we have come up with, The trick is just going to be having the gauges sit right and look good, might take a few hours and a couple of tries. When all said and done though, if there is left over money from the deposits, and once I come up with a price for this bad boy, for people not on the list, I refund your money minus paypal fees. Sound fair??? IM looking for input I don't want anyone to be in the dark on this.

Pillarpod Deposit list
1. Jonnyangel04
2. BlueMDSrt6
3. distant pulse
4. 24M3SRT
5. Dave Mcguire

Last edited by jonnyangel04; 05-01-2008 at 12:14 PM.