View Single Post
Old 05-03-2008, 07:11 PM
teXfire71
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: "Lambo" doors for Crossfires

yeah I looked into it for my car. Its 1800 installed at this place in Addison, Texas called Low Inc. Got recommended to go there by JR's Custom Auto (in case you've ever heard of them... one of the best custom car shops in Dallas). They only install one brand (which i forget, it was over last summer), which after doing much research I found was the highest quality brand, which is why they only install them. (I can see if i can figure out which brand it was).

HOWEVER!!! they did NOT recommend this for a daily driver because the struts which hold up the door give out after about a month of regular use, and you have to replace them. If you dont, the door will not stay up and when you open it it will slam back down and dent the fender. For a show car, they are great, but a daily driver, not so much. struts are $100 for it so if you open the door about 3 times a day, ur paying more or less a doller each time you open the door.

I can get you the number for Low Inc. if you want it. I still have their business card. The place seems kind of shady from the outside (and the inside too hah) but they do good work there and you shouldn't be too concerned. (although I wouldnt recommend showing up at 2 a.m. hah)