View Single Post
Old 05-09-2008, 08:00 AM
Valk
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 503 Likes on 346 Posts
Default Re: Tag on top of engine ??

Originally Posted by NDLanoue
It's not really any important information. It's obviously all in German (logical for Karman), so I'll try to help out as much as I can:

(Top-Bottom, Right-Left)

I can't read the letters before the hyphen, but Sachnummer just means "article code" or parts number."

Baumuster simply means "make" or "model."

Motornummer = Motor Number

Werk is typically simply translated to "plant" or "factory."

PZ= I'm not sure what this abbreviation means.

If you can send me the word that begins "sonderaus---" I'll translate it for you. I just can't read it.

Montage-Plan Datum is actually the "erection date" or "assembly date." Also could be used to say when the engine was installed in the vehicle. This is most likely.

Sachnummer Kunde is the main "Part Number." This is typically used in the factory to align the correct engine with the correct car.

Lenkung is "control." Pretty much the equivalent of a "Quality Control" number.

And finally "hubraum" is simply the term for cylinder capacity and engine displacement.

It appears to me that this is more of an "in-house" label for the factory to help keep everything organized. Not really crucial as far as I can tell.

The engine date: This is the date it was installed in the car. It's really not old considering most cars are produced the year before they're released. Thus, your 2004 has a 2003 engine. Remember that it's also in a German date, therefore it's December 9th, 2003 rather than September 12th, 2003.

I hope this helps
Thanks Nick,
The two letters are MB
I think it's either Sonderaus funrungen or fuhrungen.
Thanks for all the info.
It's great to have a forum where someone always has the answers.
Thanks, Gary

Last edited by Valk; 05-09-2008 at 08:04 AM.