View Single Post
Old 05-09-2008, 09:31 AM
Cross+Fire+06
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Pig Roast-v-Clambake

Originally Posted by Nightrider
Any help in this area will be greatly apreaciated Jen. We were kicking about another cruise around Sturbridge (Mass) area for mid to late summer. Pig Roasts seem economical and we'd probally want pre-cooked. You have my e-mail if u can provide some guidance in this area. Options are Sunday ride with excursions to the huge Brimfield Flea markets and or Quabbin run. Meeting and pigging out at Streeter Point Park in Sturbridge (swimming, fishing & picnicing) or several other thngs available in Sturbridge..Old Sturbridge Village/shopping/Hyland Brewery. Thats why we were seriously opting pre-cooked...time factor.
As i said in a PM to you.. i am thinking just a normal BBQ for simplicity sake would be a lot easier and more economical. A raw big costs about 140.00 and a cooked pig is more like 250- 300.. at the low end. for a 40-50 pound pig. and i dont eat that much to want to pitch in 20 bucks.. .. ( personal preference..and not that economical since we would all still have to bring the extras..like salads..rolls.. drink.. chips.. ect ) The simple BBQ was really nice this past trip.. so why make it complicated? Chicken. ribs, burgers, hot dogs... SO MUCH easier.. and not a lot of responsibility on anyone... this is a gathering not a wedding..lol...

as a chef.. i would say if the plan gets to elaborate it will prevent people from participating and then there will be like ten people splitting a whole pig.. ewwww.. .thats like pig for a year..

So although i thought it would be fun I vote for simplicity like the last time.. it was nice.. easy.. and low commitment from everyone.. and no one forked over cash and had to "collect" money... a nice pot luck is low drama..

Thats just "food for thought".....

Its one meal together.. we should just enjoy the cars and company.. and the food is the added bonus..