Old 05-19-2008, 03:34 AM
JaneBridges
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: New girl to racing needs advice from experienced racers

MMZ: I used the racing Porterfields. Porterfield also custom made my brake lines. So, they now are going to offer the brake lines in their catalog, so call them. I thought the brakes worked really well with no mush. I even liked driving them on the highway. No squeak or noise. I started hitting the ABS more on Sunday since I felt I would have brakes left to drive home.

Putnam Park is a 1.7 mile course. In the warm up and cool down, I do my best to always drive the line, however, in the cool down, I'm really trying to stay off the brakes, so at times, I'm off line. I really worked on keeping MY line in traffic. Yet, enjoyed myself and didn't get to hard on my self if I didn't hit the line just right when I was alone on the track.

You are so right about the "little Crossfire that could." People do not know what's in an SRT6, but they sure look at me and smile after I'm done with my sets. I was one of the faster cars out there. Now of course, I know who to surrender to, such as a Z06 vette and there was a fast acura that initially I thought was a vette that I let pass. Otherwise, get out of my way boys. (not many girls do this.) So, I just stayed sexy and fast in my Crossfire.

Have a good Monday!