Thread: Yes Or No
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2008, 12:39 AM
jonnyangel04
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Yes Or No

Originally Posted by Maxwell
for offset, you don't want to go more than whats stock, because when you push the rim further out past the pivot axis, this puts more force on the wheel bearings and steering box, not a good thing for longevity. this is why wheel spacers are not a good idea for our car, it's not exactly heavy duty suspension. also slows down your response time when turning the wheels

I wouldn't recommend anything over 19", in fact your better off going to a 18" rim on all four corners for a performance stand point, those big wagon wheels will suck hp, and the tires are ver pricey at 19 and 20"
I am going to have to disagree with you on this one Maxwell, Which doesn't usually happen. As far as the wheels sucking up HP your right on but as far as how good a 19 look with a 20 in the rear, hell I will do it again. Looks so good lowered and if the offset is right looks even better. I went with a 19x8.5 in front and a 20x9.5 in the rear 30 mm offset front and 35 in rear. if I could do it again i would go 35 in front and 40 in the rear looks amazing check out my old crossfire in the gal.