View Single Post
Old 05-27-2008, 06:15 PM
Mike-in-Orange
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Wire brush on wheels.

Originally Posted by antonio311
I wouldn't use that. Try using a Scotch brite sponge & that hard scrubby side, it seems to work for me. Also Wash the wheels often, they'll be easier to clean when U do wash them. And remember NEVER NEVER pull to close to the curb, the crossfire rims stick out further than the tire! You'll mess them up!
Oh god no, don't use a Scotch Brite anything on any painted surface on your car. We see so many people bring their cars down to Meguiar's garage asking how to fix the damage from those things.

The best thing to use is a wheel cleaner that is safe for your wheel type (Meguiar's makes them specifically for Aluminum, Chrome and All; ie factory wheels) and either a brush specifically designed for wheel cleaning or a clean wash mitt, preferably either microfiber or lambswool. I use those on a regular basis, and a wheel brush only if the brake dust build up is severe or when I pull the wheels to completely clean the insides.

Never use anything to scrub your paint, whether it's a painted body panel or a painted wheel.