View Single Post
Old 07-20-2004, 03:22 AM
saldous
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The sills themselves have their own warranty. A part only 3 weeks old should not fail. As it is a Chrysler approved accessory, i.e. the dealers sell them as well, it doesn't matter who carries out the work to fix them. OK, maybe the engine was a bad comparison. How about the radio then. Most of you have fitted your own replacement radios using a sinple plug and play ISO connector. If the new one failed within a few weeks you would expect the shop or another shop within the same chain to either fix or replace it. Most items have a 30 day money back guarantee in the UK if you are not satisfied. The point is, they did work, now they dont and they are only 3 weeks old. Fitting them is a sinch with only two wires so the install can not cause them to be faulty. They have their own warranty and should be repaired. I'm not asking for new ones, I just want them working. Another member on the forum had the same problem and diagnosed it to be the control box for the sills, I did some tests and found the same problem. According to the other member the problem is known by Chrysler and they may be working on a TSB for it. The install instructions do not request or specify that a trained dealer installs them, it is just a set of pictures and if you really want the see them look in my album at the last 4 images on the second page.

My dealer is happy to do the work and has not complained so I don't get your problem? The only thing I am after some help on is:

a) some specification documentation that explains how the sills should work (the fitting instructions available just tell you how to fit them, not how they are expected to work) and
b) the part code for a new door handle.