View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 09:41 AM
eganders
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: I want a softer ride/change rims & tires

AMX1397 Like you, I wanted a bit more comfort on the road. It's a long story but I ended up with the Eibach Pro springs and Bilstein shocks.They are designed for an initial softer feel, but both get firmer when pushed. Kind of a best of both worlds scenario, and great for street driving. Definitely an improvement over the jarring you can get on the road with the stock springs and shocks.

BTW, as you mentioned above, I have also kept the originals for when I sell my SRT-6 someday. I know at least one other member here switched out his SRT springs for standard Crossfire springs and shocks (at least I think he did both). He said he was happy with the change and recommended I do it. However, I've also driven a standard Crossfire on the nearby freeway where I get a lot of oscillation in the SRT. The standard setup, while definitely smoother, is clearly looser too, and I just wasn't comfortable with it. So in that sense, parallel to Mr.Photoman, I too was interested in retaining the sports car within. Luckily, I think the Bilstein and Eibach combo is a reasonable compromise. I'd do it again.

As for changing out the tires, I'm curious to hear your take on the change. It would also be great to see some photos, as I've been reluctant to change the look of my SRT.

Last edited by eganders; 06-03-2008 at 10:05 AM.