View Single Post
Old 07-21-2004, 03:09 PM
David Burns
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Heb80
Originally Posted by David Burns
I use the standing lights, winking them back and forth a few times. Anybody can wave, not a lot of other cars on the road can do that. Did it to an SLK the other day, he did it back, grinned, and waved.

WARNING: do not try this at night, since it shuts off the headlights!!!
FYI: Unless you have either modified your wiring, shut the car off while driving, or are full of it, the standing lights on the crossfire do not work when the ignition is on. :roll:
You are undoubtedly correct about the Crossfire. I just walked outside, started my car, and you are correct the standing lights do not come on.

However since I couldn't see if they were on or not while driving, and can't speak to any mods on the SLK i saw do it, I can't say for sure if he did it because he saw mine or did it because of some way he had modified his. I did flip the switch back and forth and waved, I saw his standing lights flicker back and forth which I ***umed was in response.

Whether an SLK is setup different, or modified to be able to do it, I think it's cool. I'd like to be able to do it with a Crossfire.