View Single Post
Old 06-17-2008, 07:13 AM
+fireamx
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Please help me decide on the Crossfire..

First let me say I love Hondas, I've owned more than a dozen of them but never a S2k. I simply didn't fit in it. I'm surprised that you "lunched" the motor in yours, I've had Hondas with over 250k myself.
I too really enjoyed reading some of the comments on the S2k forum. It always amazes me how people love to give advice about cars when they really have no actual experience with the car in question.
There is no way an S2k is "stiffer" than a Crossfire. The XF coupe is suppose to be stiffer than a 911. Nuff said.
The S2k shifter is far better than the Crossfires, but basically the XF is only troublesome between 1st. and 2nd. and not all the time. Usually after it warms up it's fine. (and it's a Mercedes tranny, not Chrysler)
The Limited Crossfires handle just as well as the SRTs, the SRTs only ride a little stiffer and feel a little more stable. According to a road test published by Road & Track magazine 10/05 issue:
Skidpad g, S2k=0.91, XF Limited=0.89, SRT6 Roadster=0.84.
Slalom mph: S2k=69.7, XF Limited=69.7
Braking 60-0: S2k=115', XF Limited=114'
Braking 80-0: S2k=206', XF Limited=199'
About the only place you will notice a big difference is in the 1/4 mile, where a "stock" S2k is about 1 sec. quicker vs a 6spd Crossfire.
All I can tell ya is, owning a Viper GTS (which is nearly 3 sec. faster in the 1/4 mile) and a Miata, that after purchasing my Crossfire coupe 6 speed, I quite driving the other two cars. The Crossfire meets all of my needs.
Putting it simply, there is no better "Sports Car Bargain" on the market.