View Single Post
Old 06-17-2008, 04:23 PM
Iamfink2
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: Rain Leak / Passanger Side

Originally Posted by VALKRYDERGUY
I saved this post from this forum to a file on my PC.
I don't recall where it was but I saved it on May 28,this year:

Water leaking into car floor

I have found some answers to some questions that have been asked on the forum and really never answered. While having the top cowl at the wipers off you can see inside and under the cowl and one thing I found out that we do have heated sprayers for our windshield washers. Another answer to a problem is some members have posted that they have had water come in their cars at the foot well on the passenger side. After taking off the cowl you can see inside there are 4 drain compartments for water. One in the middle which has a funnel shaped drain made of plastic, one on the drivers side which drains at the drivers side door, and two on the passenger side. This is where the problem starts for water leaking inside the car. There are two compartments side by side divided by a metal wall with a rubber flap so the first one can drain the water into the second one which drains at the passenger side door. The problem is the outside one(second one) fills up with leaves, dirt and debris which in turn blocks the rubber flap not allowing the water to drain from the first one which starts to fill up water and ends up draining thru the the fan motor hole which is about 3 inches by 6 inches. So even with a little back up of water just going around turns can make the water slosh around and spill into the opening. I took a shop vac and cleaned mine out and though mine wasn't backed up it was on its way to backing up as there was about 1/2 inch of debris there. I think I will clean this area at least once a year. You guys that have garage kept xfires probably won't find much in there but if your car is kept outside I would check it at least once a year especially if your car is around trees. One xfire mod finds two answers to questions on the forum.
I posted that after I installed my new alarm siren in the "Audio, Video and Electronics" Forum under the Factory Alarm Chirp! Solved! Read!!! I'm glad that my little discovery has helped someone.