View Single Post
Old 06-18-2008, 11:47 AM
maxcichon
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Biggest stereo bang for the buck mod

Originally Posted by TLJack
I like bass also, I just did this mod and the quality and level of the base almost sounds like you put a little sub and amp in the truck. It re-directs the bass to the rear where they can handle it so it thumps. Chrysler and many others design the system to push bass in the fronts so the car seems to have a quieter road noise ride than it really has. It’s actually kind of smart but it hurts the people that listen to their music loud in the car. The system isn’t tuned from OEM to crank it up. When doing so it all distorts because the fronts just can’t handle the extra load. Back in the day I had an older 3 series Beamer with a weak stereo so I had a little amp and 9 inch sub installed in the trunk. They also attached these little things (crossovers, I think) to the stock speakers in the rest of the car so no bass went through them. It allowed the little OEM speakers to do the jobs they were capable of doing and the job of the bass went to the competent sub and thump idée thump we went. I didn’t and still don’t know much about car audio. It was pretty cool and it introduced me to the world of bass. When I made this little mod that was the first thing I thought off. Not as strong but it definitely had that feel. This can be done in the Crossfire LIMITED because the OEM system already has built in nice decent little subs they were just having their sound muttled by the bass over running the upfront. Especially when listening to music with strong bass. At least that my take on it I hope it helps and good luck.
You put that very well. We all thank you!