View Single Post
Old 05-10-2005, 11:32 PM
RickB
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Re: St. Louis Metro Owners...

I figure we could meet at the restaurant overlooking the Missouri just off 54 in Holts Summit. Roll down 94 through the river valley to Hermann for lunch at a fine German Restaurant. Then pick up 100 to route C. This takes us through Frankenstein Mo. (don't blink, you'd miss it). Then to route A, I believe this goes to Nortons Park (I'll check with Bill if I see him) that has an inscription from the Lewis and Clark expedition. Finally on to 50/63 for the circle back to Jeff City. Some good twisty roads to give the cars a good workout in some very pretty bluff countryside.

Update - Nortons park is on Route J off of the 50/63 leg- it would be just a small side trip to get to Jeff. City from there.

Just to check out what sounded like a good route, we ran it (what can I say, beautiful spring day here in mid-mo). The winery/restaurant would probably be a bad place to start, as there is no exit when coming from the north on 54. However, I ran from Fulton on O and it was good. If anyone's interested, meet at 11:00 am in Fulton at the "rare car museum". Take business 54 into Fulton from the north. It will be on the right just a few blocks from the first stoplight, in the same lot as Gerbes and Dairy Queen. If you can come or have suggestions, let me know.