View Single Post
Old 07-01-2008, 01:02 PM
donschorr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Geico Car Insurance for Crossfire ???

Geico, is a joke... if you are strong as death-
Definition of Strong as Death- have money in the bank, great credit, real estate assets, no insurance claims or issues, you are at least over 35, married etc. In other words you are a low risk liability to the insurance company.

insurance wise (fit their criteria) they have a decent competitive rate. I had them quote me a few years ago and their quote wasn't any better than the other good companies that write strong as death people.

That 15 minutes to save 15% is designed to data mine your butt to death for all of the other companies Buffett- Berkshire Hathaway owns (lots of them look it up). So if they can't write you insurance you can bet your butt they will try to sell you something else.

When you are strong as death, EVERY Every other insurance company will write a decent cost policy if you are strong as death. You will find every company is fairly close to cost- some a little less than others. A good agent can even find lower prices within the same company if you are strong as death. The agent just makes less commission because the premium will be less. Agents make a % of the premium, but a good agent will work for you to earn your Other Business.

Using Geico when you are young and have a few 'issues' is expensive and they will refuse to write your insurance when you really need it, so my question about Geico is why would I want to give them business when I can get a great deal from everyone else- when you become strong as death?

Don

Last edited by donschorr; 07-01-2008 at 02:05 PM.