View Single Post
Old 07-14-2008, 04:02 AM
Hairydalek
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What a Weekend! 3rd UK XFire Meet

Hi,
I thought I had posted last night - maybe I hit the wrong button. I did get back rather late - we stopped over at Amanda's parents on the way back.

It was a great weekend - I’ve never seen so many Crossfires in one place before - oddly we saw a few more out and about that weekend which had nothing to do with us, which makes up for the usual lack of them where I am.

The weather was just right I found - the sunlight showing off the paint work to its best. I find that metallic paints can look dull on cloudy days, that day I think they couldn’t have looked any better.

It was great to meet everyone, and to see how they enjoy their cars - seems that everyone has different reasons for owning one, and this can only be a good thing.

I haven’t done a full tally of my milage yet, as this usually involves tracing a line on Google maps and getting a fairly accurate figure there (I forgot to reset the counter on Saturday, and I am keeping a record of the pleasure cruises on Google anyway). These things have a massive range. I got back to Chesterfield on Sunday with just under a half tank of fuel. I filled up for the journey home, and I have just over a half tank left. I suspect that with some careful handling, I could have done the whole weekend on one tank. That’s pretty impressive. I am guessing at around 400 miles in total. I’ll know more later the Google plotting can take a while to do.

That was my first car meet - I've never been to one as a participant before, and I’ve come away knowing a lot more about the car and what it's capable of before I arrived. I’ve also been able to see the full extend of the bling (coff), and I suspect that I’ll be adding some shinier accents myself as I go on.

One question: I have some photos which I’ll try to get posted over the next couple of days. What's the consensus on number plates? Should they be obfuscated, or left as they are? I’m thinking that they really need to be blurred or masked in some form - is there a group preference?