View Single Post
Old 07-21-2008, 07:17 AM
Franc Rauscher
Received 510 Likes on 352 Posts
Default Re: Compressed Air Car

Originally Posted by blackberry
I'm orginnaly from Calif. years ago, and you are right they need some major help out there. If they would allow nuclear to take over they could solve some of their energy issues. Talk about lights in Calif., how about a drive to Vegas? Now there is city that really understands the energy issues. LOL

I just came back from a vacation through the midwest, although it won't mean much in the grand scheme of things, the wind generation that is being built in Kansas is pretty impressive. It would seem that if you were a major corp with factories it would make sense to build in a place like that and build your own power grid to support your buildings. I'm sure there are plenty of incentives. Storage I guess is the issue?
We actualy have a company here in St. Louis, virtually downtown, that has a wind mill to power the office and has done remarkable "green" engineering. Took forever to get the idea past the zoning and objecting neighbors, but at least their empoyees don't have to drive 45 miles out into the country to have a wind powered office.

The unit can operate at night as well, putting power into the grid, thereby reducing the coal burning at the local power plant. So far, no one wants to sleep with the "Swish, Swish, Swish" all night.

roadster with a stick

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 07-21-2008 at 07:29 AM.