Old 07-28-2008, 12:19 PM
lissxf
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post UK Meet - 9/10 August - Billing Aquadrome near Northampton

Details of this event have been posted elsewhere on the forum but I thought it would be a good idea to open up a new thread to consolidate all of the information...

UK Cruisers (www.ukcruisers.net) is the national owners club for the PT Cruiser. UK Cruisers' 8th annual Picnic in the Park is taking place the weekend of 9th/10th August at Billing Aquadrome near Northampton. Typically around 200 PT Cruisers, many customised, turn up for the event over the two days.

The organisers have always welcomed attendance by owners of other MOPAR examples, and some previous years have seen a handful of Vipers and Crossfires show up, as well as Paul Marston's awesome PT Bruiser...

http://www.paulmarstonracing.com/

Paul is expected to be bringing the Bruiser (or one of the team's other drag cars) to PITP.

I have been in touch with the UKC organisers and have been told that any Crossfire owners are welcome to attend and display their cars. The event takes place in one of the Aquadrome show fields and we will be parking up together alongside the PTs...in other words, we won't be kept in a separate car park...and we will be free to take part in any events. There's plenty going on over the weekend, including trade stalls and a Hawaiian themed 'bring-several-bottles' party on the Saturday night. Catering and toilets are on site.

If anyone wants to stay overnight Saturday, tents are fine or there's a Premier Travel Inn (Great Billing) adjoining the Aquadrome.

The details for Billing Aquadrome are:

Crow Lane
Great Billing
Northampton
NN3 9DA

See www.aquadrome.co.uk

There is an admission charge per car of £10. This is levied by the Aquadrome, not UK Cruisers. The event is held in Puddleduck Place, a fully enclosed showfield. Once through the gates, follow the signs for PITP (Picnic in the Park) to the field.

Cars will be arriving from late Friday although the show doesn't actually start until around 10am on both Saturday and Sunday. I intend to arrive around late morning on the Saturday in my Crossfire and will be staying through to Sunday.

Please could anybody wishing to attend post in reply to this thread (even if you have replied to one of the other threads) so that I can keep track of numbers. I'll be happy to provide my mobile number via private message ahead of the weekend.

Cheers.

Last edited by lissxf; 07-28-2008 at 12:21 PM.