View Single Post
Old 08-04-2004, 05:50 PM
x'ed
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default going with a smaller wheel

ok so the speed search continues. I know that in cars that come with say, 16" wheels, when you go bigger the car accelerates slower because because the rotational mass increases and i think the gearing changes somehow. I don't want to assume, so ill ask. Does this process work in reverse? in the presence of logic i would think it does, which leads me to this question. What do you think would happen if i went with a 17" rim. Do you think there would be a noticeable increase in acceleration? do you think there would be a noticeable deteriation in the handling dynamics?, say if i went with a 235 width tire all around (scc says the same tire size all around may actually be the best balance for handeling), would there be a dramatic change in ride quality? well, your future input is appreciated.
by the way im not a particularly big fan of the crossfire's rims on their own, but they do match the car beautifully in that of so industrial yet graceful style of art deco, but this decision is purely performance motivated, not aesthetic, although i can picture some japanese rims that would look great on this car, like some o.z.'s, or buddy clubs. mmmmmmmm..... light weight buddy clubs.