View Single Post
Old 07-28-2008, 09:24 PM
AllX'dUp
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Re: Classic Car Owners?

Well I haven't been around for a while so let me tell y'all what I've been up to.
I started restoration of a 1967 Moto Guzzi, had trouble understanding this seemingly simple bike...I bought it because I thought it would be easy and fast, it only had 4000 original miles on it...wrong. Turned that over to an expert who finished it quickly and concisely although not cheaply. I just crated it for shipment to it's new owner in Australia...I made a small profit.
At the same time I also took on a 1980 Jeep CJ5 which is in full body off restoration at the moment. Sending the repaired frame in for a powder coating at the end of the week. So it's a work in progress.
Right after I started the Jeep I started wandering, remembering the day I saw a then new Jensen Interceptor MkIII and how amazed I was this British car ran a Chrysler big block drivetrain...so I started looking on line and lo and behold there it was...the deal of a lifetime...I flew to Newark NJ, checked out the car, bought it and drove it home...after some repairs of course. So now I am also doing a sympathetic restoration on a 1974 Jensen Interceptor MkIII that is an original 44,000 mile car. It sat in the second owners brothers garage for fifteen years which scared me some, the car was running a little rough and I wasn't sure why...doing a cylinder leakdown test confirmed that the mileage was most likely correct...the best cylinders were 165 Lbs and the two worst were 135 lbs. So this 440 Cu In Chrysler HP engine was as healthy as new. Replacing the blown exhaust gaskets and rebuilding the Holley four barrel really straightened it up...it's now running like a new born baby. Now I just have to replace every rubber gasket, seal and bush because they are all totally driied up...no worries, that has allready been started and this car should be ready for a fresh coat of paint by next month.
Oh and I bought a car hauler trailer and a show and tow truck to haul everything to show. The truck is a 2005 Dodge Ram Daytona edition #2947 of 3000. I've been upgrading that with factory goodies too including the Ram Air package for the SRT-10 hood scoop, cold air intake, a-pillar post mounted oil and tranny temp gauges, bed liner and the new Katskinz Daytona leather package will be getting installed next week. At 20,000 miles I thought I got a great buy on this truck for $15500, and it was sooooo clean, I've only found one small stone chip otherwise virtually no wear on this truck.
Of course I still have the '05 Blaze Red Roadster w/ less than 20K miles and my wife even though she isn't driving anymore still has the '07 Dodge Nitro R/T which is getting a few upgrades itself.
Guess I've rambled on a little too far, y'all have a great summer and I'll see you at a show or on the Dragon!