Old 08-07-2008, 03:23 AM
waldig
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Talking Re: Can Waldig make a better intercooler unit???

After repiping the cores to make two parallel h/e's I retested the flow to find that the flow was up to 3.1 Gpm due to the lower restriction. This was as anticipated and allows me to go to the next level and reassemble that car to do real world testing.

FYI: THe flow rate of the LET radiator and johnson pump came in at 3.7 GPM.

I also did a test WITHOUT the H/E and ran just the Johnson pump and engine to get a flow rating of 4.0 Gpm for reference. The LET core has many parallel passages for low loss, though it has such redundancy in the layout of the cores that I believe they shadow each other and the overall thickness WITHOUT sufficent air flow contributes to small heat rejection numbers. I was getting below 200 btu's per minute before tearing into all of this.

The two cores are mounted infront of the radiator with about 0.25" spacing and secured without using plastic pins thru the A/C or radiator cores. I could not see doing abuse to the aluminum cores, no way.

My results should be available soon to see if I did or did not find something, being the intrepid hot rodder / ham / RC / and experimenter that I am.
I gotta get this right soon so I can get to the road and do some real driving so I may enjoy the inside of the Crossfire as much as I relish doing testing and mods to the vehicle.

Next summer is already booked for my solar projects as I wanna make a solar turbine using my daily life's blood Freon, that's for another day....

Enjoy, Woody