Thread: Oil Filters
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008, 04:34 PM
SRT-6 Steve
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Oil Filters

Ironic isn't it? You would think MB would be $30. I ran into an unbelievable situation the other day. We purchased a while back a Jeep Cherokee Limited with the 3.0 MB Turbo Diesel which we like very much. The dealer gave three years of oil changes as one of the incentives. MB calls for a low ash, perferably synthetic 10W30. Try to fnd a low ash synthetic. I could go with conventional but choose not. I had an idea. I wanted to go with me changing the filter in between their changes at the half way point. It is very similar to the Crossfire filter. I asked at the parts counter the price of the oil and filter and about crapped my shorts. The filter was $31 and get this - the oil was $18 per quart for synthetic low ash 10W30 for diesels. Freakin unbelievable! I asked what brand it was and all they were willing to tell me that it was MOPAR oil and they thought Mobil 1 makes it for MOPAR. I searched Mobils site and could not find that offering.

I did find a site that has good prices on Crossfire filters (German Filters.com) and for the Jeep along with ELF synthetic 10W30 low ash for $8.45 per quart with free shipping. Incidentally, the filter from them is $12.89.