Thread: RIM Damage
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2004, 02:17 PM
Galen Dracos
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I related myown horror story on a similar issue, some time ago. So I won't go into the gory details.

Short of it is: I called Roadside to take my car from my home to the dealer. The person Chrysler Roadside sent didn't even know how to access the front tow-hook. He ended up causing more damage in the attempt. I contacted the dealership, while the guy was still there.

They (the dealer) stepped right up. I have reservations as to their expertise with the car itself, but they have been (on a personal level) very good to me. They advised me to eject the incompetant guy. They contacted another towing company. They paid the new tower's fee. And, they replaced the damaged parts (free of charge). Then, they went after the first towing company for compensation, themselves. So, I didn't have to hastle with it, at all. I of course reported this all to Chrysler itself, and the Roadside Assist, as well.

Obviously, your dealer didn't step up as well as mine did. But, I think the big help was the timeliness of my complaints (i.e. calling while the neo-**** was still digging at my lower grill with the "tool"), and I had the guy on my gate-cam the whole time, so I was never concerned about proof of damage.

Good Luck!