Thread: Rear Camera
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2004, 08:47 PM
SYTECH
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Lee,

I have the Pioneer AVIC N1 (AM/FM/CD/MP3/DVD) complete with voice command module and backup camera

I did not go with the pioneer backup camera

I went with a model SV-5600 PC-F from a company called Plate Cam

They produce a backup camera that is mounted as part of the rear license frame

Big problem once I had it in hand was that the top of the license plate mounts about 2 inches away from the license plate mount area and pretty well prevents you from using the rear hatch latch

I decided to remove the 2 inch extension off the back of the license plate frame so the frame would mount flush, but then found out that the license plate frame was to tall and the camera view was partially blocked by the lower portion of the rear hatch

I spent $210.00 for the license plate backup camera and since I had modified the frame there was no way to return the unit so I removed the camera from the frame assembly, bought a crossfire license plate frame, cut a hole thru the top of my license plate and part of the license plate frame and everything mounted up great

May not be picture perfect, but it works, its secure, its waterproof, and it provides a good view

I have it set up to come on only when I'm in reverse, but it can be set to come on (while driving) upon demand thru the pioneer touch screen
instead

I'll put some pictures up tonight in my gallery so you can see how it is mounted

Later

Ray